Staples & TwitterMoms has asked moms to share their ten tips for saving money during the back-to-school season. Here's mine:
1. Find out when your state has tax-free weekend and shop then for items that don't typically go on sale.
2. Don't buy anything just because it is on sale. Make a list and stick to it.
3.Browse all weekly ads and compare prices.
4. Make sure to enroll in rewards programs so you get credit for what you buy and get emailed about promotion.
5. Buy school clothes at garage sales and consignment stores.
6. Invest in a cute, practical lunch bag for your kids and pack lunch instead of buying.
7. Set a budget for your kids & let them have some part of the decision making within the price limit you set.
8. Don't always buy generic. Often brand names go on sale for cheaper!!
9. Compare notes with friends or online! Tell others about sales you find & they'll share with you. 10. Stock up during clearance events (after school starts) for next year!
I wrote this blog post while participating in the TwitterMoms and Staples blogging program, making me eligible to get a $50 gift card. For more information on how you can participate, click here.