Thursday, March 26, 2009

Best quick meal ever!


So, at the last minute tonight I found out I was having a guest for dinner. My kids were taking naps so I couldn't run to the store and I hadn't made any dinner plans, so I quickly routed through the freezer to see what meats I had. The only thing I had was some pork, so I went online to one of my favorite places to get quick recipes, which is Publix's Apron meals. I found this Brown Sugar Glazed pork recipe and absolutely loved it. I made it with my own mashed potatoes instead of sweet potatoes so I can't vouch for the potatoes, but the meat was so yummy. You have to try this recipe!!!! If you are don't know about Publix Apron meals, try it out sometime, they have some really good recipes and most of them are very easy to make.


Brown Sugar Glazed Pork
Ingredients:

3 fresh garlic cloves
2 tablespoons light brown sugar
2 teaspoons Montreal steak seasoning
1 pork tenderloin (about 1 lb)
2 tablespoons butter, divided
1/4 cup red wine

Steps

1. Crush garlic, using garlic press, into medium bowl. Use knife to remove garlic from bottom of press. Stir in brown sugar and steak seasoning until well blended.

2. Preheat large sauté pan on medium 2–3 minutes. Cut pork diagonally into about eight 1-inch-thick slices. Place pork slices in bowl and press into mixture. Turn and press again to lightly season both sides (wash hands).

3. Place 1 tablespoon of the butter in pan; swirl to coat. Add pork (wash hands); cook 5–6 minutes on each side or until well browned and internal temperature reaches 160°F (for medium). Use a meat thermometer to accurately ensure doneness.

4. Remove pork from pan. Stir in wine and remaining 1 tablespoon butter; simmer 1 minute, stirring continually. Serve wine sauce with pork. CALORIES (per 1/4 recipe) 230kcal; FAT 9g; CHOL 90mg;SODIUM 440mg; CARB 8g; FIBER 0g; PROTEIN 24g;VIT A 4%; VIT C 2%; CALC 2%; IRON 8%

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Share/Save/Bookmark