Thursday, August 26, 2010

Smile....

A couple of weeks ago Mr. B (my 3 year old) had a pool accident and nearly lost his front tooth. It made me happy that he doesn't have his permanent teeth in yet but it was good reminder to me how important it is to take care of his pearly whites!



Five simple things you can do for your child to help keep their smiles healthy and bright

1. Make sure they get to the dentist every 6 months. Even though it is expensive, we never miss one because they do a deep cleaning we just can't do. And they can catch problems before they become a big issue.
2. Set a hour glass timer for them to brush their teeth too. We used to do it to music, but that got to me time consuming for us!! Brushing for 2 minutes is essential!
3. I let them pick out their own toothpaste. I found they each like their own flavors and they were much more likely to brush with a flavor they liked!
4. Skip the sticky candy treats. And when they do have them make sure to brush right away.
5. Floss! I got my daughter those colored individual flosses and she thinks they are so pretty she likes to floss.

How do you get your kids to take care of their teeth?

Disclosure:
“I wrote this blog post while participating in the TwitterMoms and Trident blogging program, making me eligible to get a $25 gift card. For more information on how you can participate, click here.”

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Share/Save/Bookmark